AWS Global Accelerator — route traffic across regions more easily
- Wayne Geils, Solutions Architect Manager at ServerCentral: Fail between regions in <1 minute.
- Brendan Caulfield, COO at Turing Group: Pay per accelerator plus Data Transfer Premium.
- Josh Quint, Director of Cloud Solutions at Turing Group: Route user traffic to closest healthy app endpoint.
AWS Graviton — Arm-based processors (via new A1 instances) for the public cloud
- Wayne: Time to short-sell INTC? 😬
- Brendan: Ideal for scale-out workloads.
- Josh: Finally, an Arm server processor working at scale on cloud.
AWS Transit Gateway — a network transit hub for interconnecting VPCs and VPNs within the same account or across accounts
- Wayne: Finally, enterprises can implement real WAN architectures.
- Brendan: Bridge software and infrastructure across cloud and on-premise locations.
- Josh: Build connections between Virtual Private Clouds, wherever the resources live.
C5n instances with 100 Gbps networking — low latency and high throughput for demanding applications
- Wayne: Massive instances with huge network capacity for AI & HPC workloads.
- Brendan: Making AWS viable for latency-sensitive applications…finally.
- Josh: Memory access speed boosted ≤19% vs. C5 and C5d.
Firecracker — lightweight virtualization for serverless computing
- Wayne: Micro-instances for a micro-architecture world.
- Brendan: Evolution in serverless — before most even understand the need.
- Josh: Allows running containers as Lambdas.
Need help implementing any of these new technologies? Contact us.