The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) was passed in 1998 by the Congress of the United States to address electronic copyright infringement, particularly over the Internet. ServerCentral is registered with the U.S. Copyright Office as required by law.
Copyright Infringement Claims
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by content hosted by ServerCentral, please email notice to our agent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be an effective notice under Section 512(c) of the DMCA, your notice must include all of the following:
- Identification in detail of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed and the site on which it appears;
- Contact information reasonably sufficient to permit ServerCentral to contact you (email address preferred);
- The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, including but not limited to copyright exceptions such as fair use doctrine which allow use for news, parodies, research, and review”;
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”; and
- A physical signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
ServerCentral is required by law to remove or block access to customer content upon receipt of a proper notice of copyright infringement. It is also ServerCentral’s policy to terminate the privileges of customers who commit repeat violations of copyright laws. ServerCentral will cooperate fully with any civil or criminal litigation arising from the violation of this policy.
If we receive a counter notification from our subscriber, we will reinstate the material in question unless we receive notice from the Complainant that it has filed an action at the appropriate district court seeking a court order to restrain our subscriber from engaging in infringing activity.
Still need help? Send us a note!
Questions, comments or complaints regarding ServerCentral’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) can be mailed to:
ServerCentral Legal Department
111 W. Jackson Blvd. Ste. 1600
Chicago, IL 60604 USA
Copyright infringement claims can be emailed to email@example.com.
© 2018 ServerCentral